Today is the 12th and last day of song stories. “Girl I Got A Thing” is the only one I haven’t covered, and there’s no better day to do it.
If you saw me on a subway in NYC, I’d probably be staring at you. I like feeling out the subway car that I’m in. The energy changes at each stop as people get off and on. It’s quite fascinating actually.
Sometimes I’ll get attached to certain people. I’ll be riding with them for 45 minutes and then they’ll get off and I’ll actually feel loss for a split second. And sometimes I end up seeing the same people again! I never talk to any of them though, and that’s where this song comes from. What if one of these people were to be my future wife? Or my future anything?
Essentially, the song is about how we meet the significant people in our lives and how, quite often, it feels as if they were unavoidable. And so I pay extra attention to what’s going on around me. I don’t want to miss the next big thing. I want to catch it (or fall in to them) early.
Announcements: THIS IS THE NEW YEAR is out now on iTunes! It includes a bonus track of “Say Something” on ukulele. On Feb. 15th (TOMORROW!!!), the album will be available on ALL digital retailers. The Amazon version will feature “Amazed” as a bonus track :)
17 Notes/ Hide
- the-mrs-darcy likes this
- justasmidgenofthings reblogged this from ianaxel and added:
- raquelaberakiki likes this
- alwayssunnyy reblogged this from ianaxel
- tongue-un-tied likes this
- folieajade reblogged this from ianaxel and added:
- mazchiong likes this
- melomaniacal likes this
- tinyogre reblogged this from ianaxel and added:
- thejujuqueen likes this
- suchalovelygirl said: Beautiful! I wish I had subways to ride so I could do the same. I guess I could always go to “Subway” and watch people there! =]
- ianaxelnews reblogged this from ianaxel and added:
- ianaxelnews likes this
- ianaxel posted this